This ICAO based course will provide the participants with information and guidance for planning or directing an aviation safety program. Fundamentals in program organization and structure provide the individual with the essential skills and methodology needed to plan and manage a safety program. Essentials are placed on EASA regulation rules and culture, understanding the principles of Safety Risk Management, identifying program development strategies and applying the knowledge toward effective program management and effective management systems in preventing incidents and accidents for the future.
Through extensive case studies the participants build a safety management system and practise Risk Management.
Who should attend
Individuals responsible for planning, directing or managing a safety program and supervisors who are required to supervise an accident prevention / risk management program. This includes airline, commuter, corporate fixed base operator, helicopter operator, government, insurance, hospital emergency medical service, law enforcement and airport management.
* EASA regulation
* Quality Systems
* Safety Management System (SMS)
* SMS Elements
* Quality Assurance, Compliance
* Safety Program
* Corporate Safety Culture
* Motivating Safe Behavior
* Role of Management
* Cost of Accidents
* Reporting Systems
* Accident Prevention Concepts / Methods
* Ground Safety, Ground Damage
* ICAO Annex’es
* Safety Analysis / Evaluation
* Safety Risk Management & Assessment
* Communication skills
* Emergency Response, Planning and Organization
* Case studies
* World Wide Safety looking ahead
* A memory stick [8GB] containing course material and relevant safety information
* Industry examples and solutions
* Adherence after an Accident (checklist)
* Certification of completion
Duration, three days, to be held upon request.