Airport Safety Management and Regulatory requirement course
The majority of similar courses offered on the market take outset in a theoretical approach to safety management and how, in theory, an airport operator should implement a safety management system.
The difference with this course offered by ScandiAvia is, that the instructor are currently working as safety manager in a large European airport and have vast practical experience, which will be shared. ScandiAvia is able to add a practical approach, including the most common pitfalls, which the airport operators undoubtedly will face in the process, and how to overcome them.
This EASA based course will introduce guidance and information as to, how to be in compliance with the EASA NPA requirements in respect to airport Safety Management.
The course will walk through the EASA safety management NPA requirements, with essential references to applicable ICAO standards and recommended practices. Based on those, the course will introduce a workable safety management course, which will provide an immediate safety benefit to the organisation, from day one!
The fundamentals of establishing a safety management program will be explained:
* What statements should a good safety policy contain and how will this be introduced to the organisation.
* The particulars of a safety management system – the structure, principles and processes forming the safety management system
* Development of applicable safety management procedures, including risk assessment procedures, occurrence/incident reporting and investigation procedures and safety documentation procedures
* Thorough introduction to the most essential element of working with safety management – the safety culture!
* Establish requirements to other stakeholders which may affect the safety level at the airport
The course will have emphasis on:
* Understanding risk management
* Understanding on the necessity of obtaining and using safety related information
* Evolvement of a good safety culture
* Development of measurable Safety Performance Indicators
* A practical and realistic implementation into the organisation
* Relationship with other stakeholders at the airport
The course consists of lectures, dialogue, group exercises and movies. The group exercises will be based on real cases, which will enable the participants to understand the specific safety management principles.
Who should attend
Individuals responsible for planning, directing or managing a safety program and supervisors who are required to supervise an accident prevention / risk management program This includes Aerodrome Senior and Middle Managers, Aerodrome Safety Managers, Airline/Ground Handling Managers, Representatives from Civil Aviation Authorities and Members of Aerodrome Board of Director.
* Introduction to Safety Management
* Regulatory Framework, as defined by EASA NPA and ICAO SARPS
* Aerodrome operator safety responsibilities and relation to other stakeholders at the airport
* Specific roles and responsibilities of senior, middle and front line Management
* The role of the National Aviation Authority (regulator)
* Formulation of a Safety Policy and how to realize it into the organisation
* Understand the relationship between Quality Management and Safety Management
* Integrate safety management requirements into concession agreements with cooperative partners.
* How to build, implement and evolve a Safety Management System at an airport
* The Aerodrome manuals and safety management documentation
* What is a good Safety Culture and how to implement it
* Motivating safety behavior and how to involve all personnel at an airport
* How to perform Risk Assessment and mitigation
* Establishing a safety occurrence/incident reporting system, supported by a just culture
* How to conduct internal incident investigations
* How to develop Safety Performance Indicators and how to define safety targets
* How to develop an annual safety plan
* How to set-up a safety auditing plan
* How to sell “safety management” to the organisation (at all levels)
* How to communicate Safety messages (communication skills)
* The evolution of safety management theory (introduction to resilience engineering)
* Comprehensive course notebook containing all course material
* Case examples and solutions
* Memory stick (8GB) with the course material and relevant safety information
* Certification of completion
Two days, for further details or booking please contact us